I love this smoothie, it’s just delish. Sometimes I just don’t feel like a big breakfast first thing but need something in my belly and a pick-me-up.
I’m sure you already guessed that this recipe contains coffee, I would suggest you avoid coffee if you’re struggling with endo pain. Personally I find one coffee a day is ok for me.
You can always omit the coffee and double the quantity of cacao to create a chocolate flavour. It will be a thicker consistency by omitting the coffee.
This smoothie uses pre-cooked pumpkin and zucchini, I cook batches of these veggies every week and keep in the fridge/freezer for later use in salads or smoothies like this.
It may seem odd using veggies in a smoothie but I promise you can’t taste them, they just provide a creamy consistency that fills you up.
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- A handful of ice
- 3/4 cup of espresso (cooled)
- 3/4 cup of pre-cooked pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of pre-cooked frozen zucchini (best steamed then frozen)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- A few drops of stevia (to equal one tsp sugar)
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla powder (I buy pure vanilla powder online, it’s expensive but lasts for ages)
Blend on high until completely smooth and creamy, serve immediately and if you like, top with some crushed nuts, coconut flakes or some chopped banana.