Some Instagram friends requested this recipe so here it is; a healthy version of chocolate mousse. It’s low in sugar, contains healthy fats and protein. I like this as a filling snack or a lighter breakfast. Add as much topping as you like to make it even more filling.
Feel free to play around with the quantities, sometimes I use a little less avocado and zucchini and add more ice which makes it lighter and fluffier.
I also use gelatin as it’s a great source of protein and helps create a lovely consistency. There are also some studies which suggest that gelatin may be helpful for gut repair (leaky gut). You could omit it from the recipe to make it vegan, but I haven’t tried that option yet.
A good tip for this recipe is to cook (preferably steam) some zucchini the night before, then pop it in the freezer so it’s ice cold, however freshly cooked zucchini will also work but try and cool it down as much as possible before using it.
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 small zucchini chopped, steamed, then frozen or cooled
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (or any other type of milk you prefer)
- 2 drops of stevia (this can vary depending on your taste buds)
- A handful of ice
- 2 tsp of gelatin powder, dissolved in 1/4 cup of hot water (not boiling)
- 6 macadamia nuts (optional)
- 2 strawberries
- Topping of your choice, I topped mine with strawberries and macadamia nuts
Prepare the gelatin by adding it to hot water, stir until it’s dissolved, add it and the other ingredients (except your topping) into your blender. Blend on high for around a minute.
Once the mixture is completely blended it should have a smooth, creamy consistency. Pour it into a serving bowl and add your topping.
Yours in health,