Well hi! It’s been a while between posts as I’ve been focused on my studies, now it’s semester break I’m hoping to share a few recipes I’ve been enjoying.
This is such a warming, comforting and filling drink for cooler days, I love it in the morning when you don’t feel like solid food but need something in your belly.
Feel free to adapt the recipe by using different types of milk, I’m sharing what I’ve been using. Be cautious when buying nut or coconut milk from the store, they can have additives that aren’t great if you have health problems, for example guar gum or sugar, home made is always best but if you don’t have it then check the label.
- 1/2 cup cooked (still warm) butternut pumpkin (I usually bake mine)
- 1 tbsp macadamia butter (find at your health food store or just soak 10 macadamias for 30 minutes before using)
- 1 and a quarter cups of warm almond / coconut milk blend
- 2 tbsp inca inchi protein powder (I like this type of protein powder for its nutty taste and it’s easy to digest)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 drop of pure stevia extract
Place ingredients in a blender or vitamix and blend until smooth and all ingredients are well combined.