Fresh and full of flavour, this omelette is a delicious way to start the day. For the yoghurt I would suggest using organic goats milk yoghurt or coconut yoghurt. This recipe is endo-diet friendly but those of us with SIBO I would give this recipe a miss, as yoghurt is not allowed (unless your practitioner advises otherwise).
- 2 eggs (always choose organic, pastured eggs for the omega 3 benefits)
- Handful of rocket or argula
- 1/4 cup of frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped basil
- 1/4 cup of finely shredded spinach leaves
- 1/4 lime (this can be omitted)
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 1/4 cup of goats or coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
Whisk the eggs and mix through the basil, spinach, salt and pepper. Place the coconut oil in a frypan and place on low to medium heat. Pour the mixture into the pan, tilt the pan so the mixture forms a round shape.
While the omelette is cooking place the frozen peas under some warm water and ensure they are defrosted. Place the yoghurt in a bowl and squeeze in the lemon juice and some salt and pepper, stir well to combine.
When the omelette looks firm and cooked around the edges, pour some of the peas on top and with a spatula gently fold one edge over, allow to cook a little longer then place onto a plate. Dress the plate with rocket, remaining peas, the yoghurt mixture and if using a squeeze of lime.
Yours in health,