This is a great vegan breakfast idea, filling and with plenty of nutrients to keep you going.
I usually make a batch of chia pudding the night before and have it ready in the fridge ready for whatever I want to serve it with in the morning.
Vanilla chia pudding
- 1 cup of coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup, maple syrup or stevia to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla powder (or vanilla extract but I prefer to use pure vanilla without additives). I order my vanilla online direct from the farmer.
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl, cover and place in the fridge overnight (or for at least 3 hours). Stir again after about one hour then leave to set in the fridge.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup of cacao
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup, maple syrup or stevia to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of spirulina (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cacao nibs
Place all ingredients except the cacao nibs in a blender and blast on high until a thick mousse is formed. If it’s too dry add a little more coconut milk. You can make the consistency thicker by adding more avocado.
To combine all elements of the dish together (as pictured), slice 1/2 a banana and place in a bowl, carefully spoon in the mousse and some chia pudding next to each other, then sprinkle with cacao nibs.
Yours in health x